Director of Online Engagement
The Director of Online Engagement is responsible for the online campus growth, health, and alignment with ACCF overall direction and culture. The Director of Online Engagement will oversee all elements of online weekend services and weekday discipleship relationships to ensure and promote the excellence and effectiveness of both. The Director of Online Engagement will be committed to and support the philosophy and mission of ACCF and its leadership team. The Director of Online Engagement will build and lead a team of staff and volunteers to guide/shepherd our online church.
- Agree to ACCF doctrinal distinctives and vision as found in What we Believe/Vision statement.
- Fulfill the character qualifications of a deacon as taught in the Scriptures.
- Capable of thinking clearly while multitasking on various projects and ideas.
- Self-starter who excels working individually, excels at administrating and developing ministry of the church, and appreciates being part of a team.
- Strong strategic marketing & communications planning experience with a proven track record in developing and administering a comprehensive communications program.
- Ability to manage multiple aspects of a large ministry department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including editing and proofreading.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Online Platforms preferred.
- Previous experience leading a team of volunteers and staff toward a common set of goals.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or a similar track is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee online campus services and ministry programs to ensure all aspects align with ACCF.
- Work with leadership to create a digital strategy for shepherding and discipling that distributes tailored content across digital platforms resulting in increased engagement.
- Collaborate with the communication and production teams to produce, edit, and post all web, mobile, and social media content relating to the online church.
- Create platforms for distribution of written, graphic, audio, video.
- Recruit, train, and build a team of volunteers to lead and assist with online gatherings and groups
- Create and execute digital marketing/advertising through existing outlets and new outlets as they develop.
- Explore new ways to utilize existing content on a variety of a social platforms to extend series content.
- Promote access to existing resources (sermons, podcast, music, etc.) and work with staff to develop new resources.
- Oversee the online weekend host team
- Oversee and ensure the effective recruitment, shepherding, and development of volunteers, staff, including online small group leaders, pastors, and online host.
- Manage the online department budget and relevant database tracking/reporting.
- Creatively develop new ways to engage Athey at Home Online attendees through digital platforms and identify strategies to adapt in-person ministry plans to be equally effective through digital mediums.
- Build, foster, and sustain online communities (Watch parties, online home groups, etc.)
- Work alongside leadership to measure engagement and ensure alignment with ACCF standards and best practices in all areas of ministry.
- Follow up with new contacts weekly to engage with our online church to connect beyond our attract and relate efforts so that they move into opportunities to connect and grow
- Set digital outreach marketing strategies using all necessary tools (e.g., website, emails, video, social media, etc.) This includes creatively crafting strategies and various campaigns to reach people online.
- Stay up to date with digital technologies developments.
- Monitor Performance: Monitor SEO/SEM, marketing, and performance metrics to forecast trends.
- Analyze metrics for all channels including web traffic, ads, email, video, and other metrics to suggest solutions to boost web presence and outreach performance.